Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 23 September 2011

Info Post
Beach shot over Labor Day weekend....
I love reflecting on messages from the ocean, what they tell me about life, about God.  I remember reading about this topic a few years ago on a trip to the lovely Sunshine State (long before I knew we'd move here!), in a classic beach book, A Gift from the Sea.  Read more on that here...

The power of the ocean is something that cannot be duplicated.  At least not well (I remember those water-park wave pools, don't you?  They pale in comparison...)  The raw, rugged, and yet also gentle and calming presence of the waves speak volumes to me.  It calms my mind and drowns out my anxieties...  Its power threatens to take me over, and at the same time, smooths out my rough edges and provides a sound track to my lazy-day activities, beach-side.

I am so thankful to be close to the waves, and look forward to many days relaxing and recharging near the seas.  What part of nature draws you to Christ?  What does creation speak to you?  Are you taking the time to rest and relax in the nature that is just outside your door?  It may be grand trees, croaking frogs, graceful birds....so many parts of nature that God created simply for our enjoyment.  Take time this weekend to step out of your current landscape, and sneak a peek at the scenery that was painted simply for you....for me...to find joy and peace, as our minds are turned upward to our Great God.  I remember a dear friend's husband, who always connected with the evening sky, and how it was a reminder of God's love to him...

Please post some of the fun nature adventures you find yourself in this weekend!  May it all be a reflection of His love for you, dear friend...

Ruth

0 comments:

Post a Comment