Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 8 June 2011

Info Post
I believe God speaks to each of us in ways He knows we will understand. Sometimes He needs to get our attention, while other times He knows we’re listening for Him. I’ve been asking you to share your God moments. Today I’d like to share one of mine with you.

For days I’ve been contemplating what to write for today’s blog. I knew what I wanted to say, but how to say it was not coming together. Sunday morning I sat down ready for another attempt and decided I needed to start in prayer. Even as I had a focus in mind, I wondered what God wanted me to say.

As I prayed, Jeremiah 29:11 immediately came to mind in a very loud and clear way…
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (NLT)

It was not a verse I was thinking of in relation to what I wanted to write. Yet, this is the verse God showed me…in a different way than I’d ever seen before.

I’ve always read this verse and thought “big picture”—God knows His plans for my life, where I’ll be, who I’ll be with, what I’ll be doing, etc.

That morning, the verse took on new meaning as a direct relationship between God and me. It read…
“For I know the plans I have for you [Laura], [to grow closer to Me as you learn to listen to Me and follow My direction]” says the Lord. “They are plans for good [I will fill the emptiness you feel] and not for disaster, to give you a future [I will show you more of Me] and a hope [you will know that when you call to Me, I am there.]”

It was a wonderful and powerful moment for me…a personal conversation with my Heavenly Father.

What did you think of chapter 2? Has there been a time in your life when you felt like you were being led toward something, but you weren’t sure if it was from God? Would the five questions have helped you to know?

For a little more reading on hearing God’s voice, here is a link to a blog posted by author Lysa TerKeurst on her Website: The Slightest Trickle.

What do you hope to remember from this chapter? Please share your thoughts by posting a comment.

God Bless,
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment