Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 27 April 2012

Info Post
Welcome! Today is Five Minute Friday where Lisa-Jooffers a writing prompt and we write for 5 minutes. No editing and no over thinking. Today’s writing prompt: Community.

There is a community that I never knew existed. It’s not found on my block or the city where I live. It’s the online blogging community.

Supportive.

Encouraging.

Honest.

Transparent.

It’s a community that has encouraged my writing, but more than that, has encouraged friendship. Friendship that doesn’t require face-to-face meetings. We meet together on each other’s blogs, Twitter, and Facebook.

It’s a community that I didn’t want to belong to a year ago…when I didn’t know it was a community. I thought social media was individuals saying, “look at me.” But that’s not the ladies I have found. No, I have found friends.

I thought God had a sense of humor when He took me into the world of social media, but He knew. God knew what I needed and when. He knew what I would experience and where it would take me.

So, to my new encouraging friends, I say “I’m so glad to have met you and shared with you!”

To my Heavenly Father, I say, “Thank you Dad, I love you!”
For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. (Matthew 18:20 NIV)
In Christ,
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment