Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 April 2012

Info Post
You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete. (Referring to Abraham offering his son Isaac as a sacrifice.) James 2:22 NLT
Faith and actions work together.

If I say I have faith in God, but my actions speak differently, the faith I say I have is just words.  

If I do good deeds for the sake of doing something nice, but my actions are self-serving, they are just nice acts.
We are saved by grace, through faith, and not by works. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
Genuine and sincere faith results in actions and behavior pleasing to God. It is not something we have to do, as in, “I have faith in Christ, so now I have to do good deeds.” It is not a requirement to be saved.

God saves us on His own. It is all Him. There is nothing we can do to save ourselves. If we were able to save ourselves through good works, we would not need Jesus.

And we need Jesus!

Genuine and sincere faith changes us from the inside. Changed behavior and good works are a result of our faith. They are results of our desire to follow Christ and live a Godly life.

Changed behavior and good works are an expression of faith.

*NLT Study Bible (Tyndale) used as a reference.

I’m joining Lisa-Jo today for Five Minute Friday, where she offers a writing prompt and for 5 minutes we write, without editing or over thinking. Today’s word prompt: Together.


In Christ,
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment